The Sheiling Skye
Terms and Conditions of Let
- To request a booking, visit the Booking and Prices page on the website. Click to select arrival and departure dates in the calendar. Then complete the form next to the calendar to submit the booking request.
- For bookings made more than six weeks in advance of the stay, a 25% deposit is required at the time of reservation to secure the booking. The booking is not confirmed until the deposit is paid and The Sheiling Skye has issued a booking confirmation.
- The remaining balance plus a refundable £100 security deposit is payable six weeks prior to arrival.
- For bookings made less than six weeks prior to arrival, full payment is required at the time of booking plus the refundable £100 security deposit.
- Payment is via PayPal. The owners will email a payment link. It is not necessary to have a PayPal account to use this facility.
- If the deposit payment, remaining balance and/or security deposit are not received, the dates held in the calendar will be released for re-sale.
- Bookings run from Saturday to Saturday, for a minimum of one week, commencing from 4pm on the Saturday of arrival and ending at 10am on the Saturday of departure. The accommodation is to be used for holiday purposes only and by the persons named on the booking form.
- Water, electricity, first bag of logs, linen, towels, wi-fi and freesat TV are included in the rental.
- Guests should take proper care of the property, furniture and fittings and leave the accommodation in the same condition it was found on arrival. Guests should report any damage and/or breakages before departure.
- The £100 security deposit will be fully refunded 7 – 14 days following departure provided there is no damage to the property or its contents. In the event of any such damage occurring, guests are liable for the costs of remedying the damage and the owners are entitled to recover the costs through retaining all or part of the deposit. Please note deductions will not be made for ordinary and fair wear and tear.
- The accommodation is no smoking.
- Pets are not allowed, as The Sheiling Skye is located on a working croft.
- The owners reserve the right to enter the accommodation at all reasonable times for the purpose of inspection and/or to carry out urgent repairs/maintenance.
- The contract of let is between the hirer and Jonathan and Sarah Modley, the owners of the accommodation.
- In the event a cancellation is made by the guests, the owners will seek to re-let the period of hire. Provided the owners are successful in re-letting the accommodation, a full refund will be issued, minus a £30 administration fee.
- If the owners are unable to re-let the period of hire and the cancellation is made more than six weeks before the arrival date, a refund will be issued, minus the 25% deposit.
- If the owners are unable to re-let the period of hire and the cancellation is made less than six weeks before the arrival date, a 50% refund will be issued.
- If the owners are unable to re-let the period of hire and the cancellation is made less than two weeks before the arrival date, no refund will be issued.
- If the booking has to be cancelled due to public health requirements imposed by the government or due to any other event out with the owners’ control, the owners will endeavour to re-schedule the booking for a mutually agreed future date or issue a full refund.
- The owners of The Sheiling Skye take guests’ privacy seriously and will always endeavour to process personal information in accordance with applicable data protection laws. In order to process guest bookings, the owners will need to use personal information provided (such as name, address, contact details, special requirements etc.). Where guests have consented, the owners may also use the information provided to keep in touch with news and special offers from time to time. Guests can opt out of this at any time. The owners will never pass guest data to any third party.
- Special requests should be advised at the time of booking. Whilst the owners will endeavour to accommodate all reasonable special requests, this cannot always be guaranteed and failure to meet any special request does not represent a breach of contract.
- The Sheiling Skye is located on a working croft where the ground is sloping and uneven in some areas. Guests accept full responsibility for their own safety when moving around the croft, through the woodland and down to the shoreline.
- Where there are ferry/plane/other travel disruptions due to adverse weather conditions, road conditions or industrial action, The Sheiling Skye cannot be held responsible for non-arrival at the accommodation and no refunds will be given.
- The owners strongly advise taking out comprehensive travel insurance to cover possible cancellation costs and your stay at The Sheiling Skye. If guests do not have appropriate insurance then they accept responsibility for any losses that may be incurred due to cancellation and/or damage to the property.