A very warm welcome to The Sheiling Skye, a luxury self-catering retreat for two people with stunning sea views.
Situated in a peaceful corner of north-west Skye on the Duirinish Peninsula, yet close to many of the island’s major sights, The Sheiling Skye is nestled into the gentle hillside of a working croft, within 18 acres of private land. Take a walk through the woodland with its own access to Loch Dunvegan and you may catch a glimpse of seals, otters, dolphins and sea eagles. From The Sheiling Skye’s elevated position, you have panoramic views across Loch Dunvegan to the Waternish Peninsula, Dunvegan Castle, Coral Beach and the idyllic islands in between. The absence of light pollution makes for incredible night skies including wonderful displays from the Northern Lights.
Whether you love the outdoors or simply want to curl up by the fire with a good book, The Sheiling Skye is the perfect cosy getaway for anyone craving some downtime and a break from the everyday.
The accommodation comprises a double bedroom, bathroom and open plan living area with fully fitted kitchen, cosy living room with log burning stove and boot and drying area.
Your stay at The Sheiling Skye includes:
- King size bed with luxury Sealy mattress
- Luxury heavy weight Egyptian cotton bed linen
- Electric power shower
- Luxury bath sheets, hand towels and face cloths
- Local handmade soap and organic skin care products
- Fully fitted kitchen with ceramic four ring hob, oven and grill
- All kitchen utensils, crockery and cutlery
- Stovetop espresso maker
- Fridge freezer
- Clothes airer
- Log burner with first basket of logs included
- Smart TV with Freesat
- Free Wifi
- Wireless Sonos audio system
- Selection of books, maps and local information
- Double glazing and full insulation for all-year-round accommodation
- Sheltered decking area with outdoor furniture and stunning sea views
- Set in 18 acres of private croft land with its own access to Loch Dunvegan
- Shop, post office and two cafes in Glendale, just five minutes drive from The Sheiling
- World-renowned Scottish restaurant, The Three Chimneys, just five minutes drive (advance booking essential)
- Dunvegan village is 15 minutes drive with grocery shops, bakery, cafes and restaurants.
Latest images from our Instagram feed.